Monday, October 13, 2014

ANGnotations Volume 1

My school has been focusing on increasing student literacy (reading and writing) for the past couple years. One of the school-wide initiatives has been to implement rigorous annotation strategies so students could interact with the text on deeper level.





I've decided to annotate my past blog entries as an on-going series. Present self will be [bracketed in red text]. First edition is from my first post to Blogger EVER.

Nov 12, 2001 @ 10:32pm

aww yay! [First warning sign: no presence of capitalization.] this is better than subprofile! [Subprofile was my jam after everybody made the move to AIM. Hyperlinks within a profile? NEXT LEVEL SHIT.]

ok i'm gonna hook one of these up for emcee for her bday! [This was before blogging was a thing. I thought I was so avant-garde.] lol...what a dope, tight, unique gift! [WOW, I just tooted my own horn with three different adjectives—two of which are closely related. Also, bolded.] hehehe...anyway i'm kinda tired. last night i stayed up til 2 doin college apps. [I ended up turning in my college apps on November 30th, 2001 in my AP Physics teacher's stockroom. What a procrastinator.] today we had debut practice @ dee's. [#barong #cotilliondance #18roses #iamglad17yearoldmedidnthaveinstagram] where was everyone?! [Obvi no Foursquare at that time.] booooo marlon! you sucka!! [STOP.] ok...topper's honey dijon chicken pizza is the best! [The only sentence of substance in this entire post.] my college roomies are the best! [WHO AM I EVEN TALKING ABOUT? Am I talking about hypothetical roomates?] we're gonna have no friends *making weird noises* [Oh, I am probably talking about everybody in Calc AP.] crazy jamie IMed me tonight...crazy cookie girl. b-ball practice starts tomorrow..crazy! awww no more play practice!! i miss you guys!! [I have undiagnosed ADHD.] "according to the magic of the forest..." ok peace ;] [I played a forest wizard in my high school's production of Telling Wilde Tales. For some reason, my version of a forest wizard had a Jamaican accent à la Miss Cleo. Phonetically, the line sounded more like this: "AH-coding tew da majeek ahv da foe-rast."]

[I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.]

3 comments:

  1. What a dope, tight, unique post. I really enjoy though. I'm so glad hashtags weren't around in my youth because it would be even more painful to relive that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i hope you never stop doing these blogs. ever.

    ReplyDelete